WordLift & GDPR
To exercise your rights under GDPR and send a request to WordLift, please fill in our GDPR rights form here.
We do our best to be fully compliant with the EU’s GDPR for all of our EU users. In this page, you will find information and answers that may be useful to know more about our data management policy. If you have any further questions, it’s best to contact us directly by email.
WHAT ARE YOUR DETAILS?
WordLift s.r.l. is an Italian startup trading as WordLift, formed in 2017. We are registered under the company VAT IT-14111521002 and our offices are located in:
Via Giulia 117, 00186 – Rome, Italy.
WHAT ARE THE CONTRACT TERMS?
During the trial, the client who bought a subscription plan from our website is not under contract. When subscribed monthly, you are on a monthly contract but can cancel at any time. When subscribed annually, you are on a yearly (12 months) contract but can cancel at any time. All of our terms are published here.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS HELP BY WORDLIFT?
WordLift does not use any data from the site where WordLift is active. It only uses the subscriber’s data (the data of the client who purchased the subscription from our website) transparently and securely, in compliance with the regulations.
- Subscriber’s name, email address and physical address provided during the registration.
- Subscriber’s store order/customer/product data that is used for handling your subscription.
HOW CAN I EXERCISE MY GDPR RIGHTS, LIKE REQUEST TO DELETE MY DATA?
WHERE IS DATA STORED AND PROCESSED?
Currently, all data is stored in the EU and UK. We back up just data that has to do with your WordLift preferences and subscription to our service.
WHAT MEASURES DO YOU HAVE IN PLACE TO PROTECT MY DATA?
As much of your data as possible is encrypted. Additionally, we have a number of security measures in place and the plugin is open source, this means that the code that runs on your system is accessible via GitHub.
WHAT 3rd PARTIES DO YOU SHARE DATA WITH?
WordLift shares as little data as possible with 3rd parties. If we share data, it is only your email address and used for reasons described below. All of your store’s data is completely contained. The only 3rd parties we work with are:
- Google Analytics – tracking views of the WordLift site and application.
- Google Drive – for document management.
- Stripe – to process payments.
- PayPal – to process payments.
- FreshBooks – for invoicing.
- Slack – for real-time communications.
- Facebook Advertising – re-targeting and advertising WordLift.
- Quora Advertising – re-targeting and advertising WordLift.
- Metorik – store management and subscription monitoring.
- Mailchimp – email services and newsletter.
- Redlink – for open data publishing.
- Our hosting infrastructure where our servers run. Contact us for up-to-date details.
WHAT ACCESS CONTROLS DO YOU HAVE IN PLACE?
WordLift is a small organization with about 20 employees, so access to any data is very limited. On top of that, there are a variety of measures in place to ensure appropriate access, including 2FA and access being limited by IP (security proxy).
HOW ABOUT THE WORDLIFT PLUGIN?
The WordLift plugin serves two purposes:
- Facilitates the connection between WordLift and the cloud services that we provide to analyze your content and to publish the metadata used by search engines.
- Tracks – when you opt-in from the setup wizard – data from your WordPress website that we use for diagnostic (you can always opt-out from the settings of the plugin).
On the website, using Metorik, we store a cookie in the browsers when you first come to our site. If you check out, the cookie is read and stored to let us know more about your visit. This all happens on our site and is stored in our database.
HOW ABOUT THE DATA THAT I PUBLISH USING WORDLIFT?
WordLift publishes linked metadata as open data under data.wordlift.io or any custom domain you might have asked us to configure for you. This content is fully licensed to you and used for the sole purpose of letting search engines know what your content is about. All the information you create can be downloaded anytime from the WordLift settings of the plugin and it is stored on our own servers in Germany.
HOW SECURE IS THE PAYMENT ON WORDLIFT?
WordLift is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), endorsed by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB card brands.
SecurityMetrics recognized WordLift for its efforts to reduce credit card theft and fraud. According to PCI Certification, WordLift is maintaining rigorous data security standards to ensure that customers’ credit card information remains safe and secure.