Quora is a question-and-answer website created, edited and organized by its community of users.
Quora aggregates questions and answers to topics. Users can collaborate by editing questions and suggesting edits to other users’ answers. Quora’s main competitors are social bookmarking sites like Reddit, social networking sites like ChaCha, and numerous question and answer websites.
Quora uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) to:
- Analyze Answers and Questions’ Quality
- Improve Information Retrieval
- Automatic Grammar Correction
- Duplicate Question Detection
- Related Question Generation
- Topic Biography Quality
- Topic Labeler
- Answer Summaries
- Automatic Answer Wikis
- Hate Speech/Harassment Detection
- Spam Detection
- Question Edit Quality
The company was founded in June 2009, and the website was made available to the public on June 21, 2010.