Search engine optimization (SEO) is a branch of web marketing which is aimed to improve the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s organic (meaning un-paid) search results (which are collected in a SERP).
What kind of tactics does SEO use?
SEO activities are divided into two main categories:
- On-page SEO: all the tactics used to gain better SEO results working on a website’s content and on its code.
- Off-page SEO: all the link-building tactics used to gain valuable links from other authoritative websites.
What kind of improvements are expected from SEO?
As a result of SEO you can expect three kinds of results:
- Organic results: SEO helps your website gaining best positions on strategically relevant SERPs
- Quantity of traffic: as a result, organic traffic will grow and so you will gain much more visits on your website
- Quality of traffic: as long as your SEO strategy is coherent with your content and with your business, the users who visit your website will be truly interested in the services or products you offer.
To learn more, watch our webinar
Here at WordLift, we have studied, written and experimented a lot about this subject. If you need more tips, don’t miss our webinar on machine-friendly content with Scott Abel. It’s free and you can watch it anytime. Just grab a pen and a scratch pad. 📝